We all want to boost our children’s success for the school year. But did you know that much of their success depends on staying hydrated, healthy eating and getting enough sleep, not just hitting the books? Here are some back-to-school brain boosting tips to help your kids thrive.
1. Drink water. If we want our kids to succeed, research shows that staying hydrated and drinking water help feed our kids brain, keep them alert and ready to tackle the school day. Studies have also shown that drinking water not only improves cognition, but it may also reduce symptoms of ADHD and hyperactivity. Even mild levels of dehydration can impact school performance. By the time a child feels thirsty, there may be a loss of body weight, and a cognitive decline may be present. Worried about hydration throughout the school day? Have them carry a water bottle at school. Have them pick out a fun looking water bottle with their favorite cartoon character or superhero as an extra incentive to drink their water throughout the school day.
2. Just like “Popeye,” get them to eat their veggies. Pack a nutritious lunch full of high-water content veggies to help keep your child from nodding off during the day. Veggies not only help keep kids hydrated but are packed with the nutrients they need to prevent fatigue and brain drain. Especially nutrient rich are leafy greens which contain emerging “superfood” Chlorophyll.
3. Pack a fruit-filled lunch. Fruits are not only nutrient rich, but they are sweet to eat! Fruits come in kid friendly shapes and sizes making them fun and easy to pack in their lunch. Fruits also help to prevent dehydration and give them a healthy energy boost. They are full of antioxidants to help their growing immune systems fight off disease.
4. Have a brain boosting breakfast. Research has shown that kids who eat a healthy breakfast do better in school. Help your kids start their day with a healthy and nutritious breakfast. Help your child pick breakfast foods that are high in protein, nutrients and good fats to keep them performing throughout the day. Have a picky eater? Try a nutrient rich breakfast smoothie with their favorite fruits.
5. Try Chlorophyll water. As we all know kids can be picky about what they drink and many juices on the market today contain too much sugar. However, new products like Verday Chlorophyll Water will help to keep kids hydrated throughout the day, and also come in kid friendly flavors like blueberry, strawberry, coconut, lemongrass and cucumber to tempt even the pickiest youngster. As a bonus, Verday contains 100mg of Chlorophyll; more than 2 shots of wheatgrass, 4 cups of spinach, or 12 cups of arugula to help keep kids focused and energized.
Visit www.drinkverday.com to shop for Verday Chlorophyll Water today!